19 November 2010

Reminisce

I watch you from across the room
a ghost of a smile slips across my face
as I realize just how long it's been
since in my heart you held your place
I recognize that tilt of your head
and the easy way you stand
how the conversation flows from your lips
and the emphasis flows from your hands
I see you haven't lost your touch
the room's captivated by your speech
you've always enchanted me with your passion
and an untameable heart I couldn't breach
For years I fooled myself with hope
if only you'd known what I held inside
You and me and the night and the moon
would've been one hell of a ride
Now we both have beautiful lives of our own
and I wouldn't have it any other way
But a part of me will always wonder
and the heart is a hard one to sway

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk your smack.

The Horde